Today we are talking about peptide injections. We’ll cover an easy step-by-step process on how you can draw up your peptides into a syringe so you can easily inject them from the comfort of your home. All this and more in less than 2 minutes.
Why do we inject peptides?
When it comes to peptide injections, subcutaneous peptide injections or intramuscular peptide injections are the most effective. This is because peptides are easily broken down and destroyed by your stomach enzymes. This means that if you take most peptides orally (by mouth), you may lose most of their benefits because the peptides will be destroyed before they can reach your bloodstream.
In the beginning, giving yourself a peptide injection at home may seem confusing or difficult. But with some practice, giving yourself a peptide injection can be quick and easy.
Before giving yourself a peptide injection, gather all the supplies you’ll need. This may include syringes, needles, alcohol pads, and a sharps container. Here’s a list of steps to follow:
- Wash your hands.
- Check your medication. Make sure the medication name on the vial matches the medication name on the prescription label. Make sure the medication isn’t expired.
- If this is your first time using the vial, remove the plastic top. Throw the plastic top away. A rubber stopper will be under the plastic top. Clean the rubber stopper with an alcohol pad.
- Keeping the syringe cap on the needle, pull back the plunger on the syringe to add the same amount of air as the dose of your peptide injection into the syringe. For example, if you’re injecting 0.25 mL of Ipamorelin/ CJC 1295, fill the syringe with 0.25 mL of air.
- Remove the cap from the needle. Insert the needle into the top of the vial and inject the air. This added air will make it easier to remove the peptides from the vial. Leave the needle in the vial.
- Hold the vial with one hand and the syringe with the other hand. Turn the vial and syringe upside down, and draw out the amount needed for your dose. If you accidentally draw up too much, gently push on the plunger to push the liquid back into the vial.
- With the needle still in the vial, check for air bubbles inside the syringe. If you see air bubbles, gently tap on the side of the syringe to make the air bubbles rise to the top. Slowly push on the plunger to push the air bubbles into the vial.
- Remove the needle from the vial.
NOW YOU ARE READY TO INJECT YOUR PEPTIDES!!!!
As always, you can find out more information on peptide injections at pepties.com. That’s peptides without the D. Where we are tying all the peptide therapy information together.
Thanks again for listening to The Peptide Podcast. We love having you as part of our community. Have a happy, healthy week!
Giving yourself a peptide injection can be scary or confusing. But we’ve got you covered. Check out 6 tips to make peptide injections easier. And, make sure you have the supplies you’ll need. This may include syringes, needles, alcohol pads, and a sharps container.
We’re huge advocates of using daily collagen peptide supplements in your routine to help with skin, nail, bone, and joint health. They also help with anti-aging. Our favorite collagen peptide powder is Thorne® Collagen Plus.
Leave a Reply